is a critical design studio founded by dr kit braybrooke & sophie huckfield working globally since 2020 to explore creative approaches to systems change.
our members apply an intersectional feminist lens to their work, influenced by the UN Sustainable Development Goals, to explore the systems of power that reinforce conditions of inequality, isolation and exclusion, and bring about transformation.
our methods range from socially-engaged art and transmedia storytelling, to service design and public interventions. our collaborations look a lot like the symbiosis of lichens, fungi and algae: “a lichen is not a single organism; it is an association of many”.
recent highlights have included:
- building sustainable and care-full futures;
- re-mapping the possibilities and participants of public spaces;
- creating safe environments in/across digital worlds;
- decolonising and culturejamming cultural collections;
- rituals and exchanges that explore our multispecies interconnections.
to discuss a potential project, you can find us on email and twitter, and we also have a newsletter.
you’re also invited to join art / tech / nature / culture, a global community for creative experimenters across disciplines enaged in ecological regeneration.
let’s evolve from a society of 'me' to one of us. ✊