STUDIÕ WÊ & ÜS
is directed by dr. kit braybrooke and sophie huckfield, and works with public institutions and communities to foster sustainable development1 through creative participation.
our conceptual framing is derived from the ancient tradition of commoning, where public resources (from forests, artworks & public spaces to digital code) are collectively shared in ways that facilitate cooperation, regeneration and care.
our approaches are diverse, inclusive and always participatory, from speculative design and critical making, to ethnographic research and public interventions. recent commissions with partners around the world have included:
- decolonising & culturejamming cultural collections;
- digital experiences for neurodiverse worlds;
- re-imagining the possibilities of public spaces;
- challenging assumptions around unlimited technological progress;
- exploring sustainable & care-full futures;
- fighting covid-19 isolation with museum producers;
- supporting practitioners in their digital practice.
to get in touch, you can find us on twitter or email. for updates and special invitations, you are invited to join our mailing list.
together, let’s evolve from a society of 'me' to one of us. ✊
1. our approach to sustainable development applies an intersectional framework that emphasises equity, access and diversity, acknowledges systemic inequalities and exclusions, and honours the interconnectedness of all living beings. we work in particular with the UN SDGs as a core reference in all of our projects.
CLIENTS & COLLABORATORS
birkbeck university of london, UK
british council, UK & CN
british museum, UK
care-full design lab, RMIT, AU
counterpoint arts, UK
craft council, UK
create ireland, UK
BC council for intl cooperation, CA
design museum, UK
humboldt-universität zu berlin, DE
king’s college london, UK
london college of fashion, UAL, UK
loughborough university, UK
maker circle 创客圈, CN
modern clay, UK
mozilla foundation, UK
museum of vancouver, CA
simon fraser university, CA
university of birmingham, UK
university of sussex, UK
vancouver public library, CA
virtual futures, UK
victoria & albert museum, UK
wellcome trust, UK
care-full design lab
associates work with studio we&us via co-creations inspired by the symbiosis of lichens, fungi and algae - trusted others exchanging creative labour through kinship constellations that foster mutual benefit. “a lichen is not a single organism; it is a stable symbiotic association between many.”