is a FLINTA1-run creative lab founded by dr kit braybrooke & sophie huckfield in 2020 which explores digital, ecological and participatory artforms for systems change.
our approach draws from the UN sustainable development goals, and applies an intersectional feminist lens to challenge the multiple systems of power that reinforce conditions of inequality, isolation and exclusion. our projects explore how transformation can emerge through creative, care-full and practice-lead participation.
the ways that we typically make and think together range from socially-engaged art and transmedia storytelling, to critical design and public interventions. this looks a lot like the symbiosis of lichens, fungi and algae: “a lichen is not a single organism; it is an association of many”.
recent commissions have included:
- building sustainable and care-full futures;
- re-mapping the possibilities and participants of public spaces;
- creating safe environments in/across digital worlds;
- decolonising and culturejamming cultural collections;
- rituals and exchanges that explore our multispecies interconnections.
want to get in touch about a new project? say hi on email, twitter or instagram, or stay updated via our newsletter.
want to get involved in something? you’re invited to join art / tech / nature / culture, a global community for creative experimenters across disciplines.
let’s evolve from a society of 'me' to one of us. ✊
1. women, lesbian, intersex, non-binary, transgender & agender. More here.